The Weak Signal Propagation Reporter Network is a group of amateur radio operators using K1JT's MEPT_JT digital mode to probe radio frequency propagation conditions using very low power (QRP/QRPp) transmissions. The software is open source, and the data collected are available to the public through this site.

Tomorrow, I will be making a change which will redirect all access to the wsprnet community drupal web site (this site) from wsprnet.org to www.wsprnet.org. You may need to login again to create a new session. This is in preparation to move the interactive user site to another server to improve performance and separate that functionality from spot reporting.

Site changes for new WSPR FST4W modes

Since around version 2.1.1 wsjt-x has been uploading a `mode` value that WSPRNet has not been consuming. With the advent of new FST4W quasi-beacon modes we will now consume that value.

Going forward we will process the `mode` according to 4 values:

  • "2"
  • "15" for the current WSPR modes -2 & -15
  • "5
  • "30" for the FST4W modes 300 & 1800

This change applies to the manual upload too, i.e. WSPRNet will support an 11th column `mode` which can be one of these above 4 values.

[From Admins] Map issue -- a fix of sorts

The issue with the Google Maps is related to the change Google made on July 16th, 2018 that severely curtails the free API limits. WSPRNet will be transitioning to an alternative mapping solution as soon as possible.

In the interim I have added a new field to the User Profile form for storing your own Google Maps API Key, if you want to get back to the way things were. You can get your own API Key by following the link below and I would strongly encourage you to read the Q&A down the page.

After years of continuous use, the beacon died this week. For something that contributes nothing more than a blinking LED to look at, I sure was sad when it saw no light. It died. Today I was able to download a fork of the old (2015?) source code and re-compile it for the new RPi 4 Raspbian OS. the old TAPR low-pass 20M filter slipped on easily. The biggest challenge as usual was getting the beacon timer script to start when the unit is rebooted. But it works! Hope it lasts 6 more years. I hope *I* last 6 more years! I've determined that the beacon now is very close to 20mW, so I changed the beacon text to reflect that.

I really have difficulty understanding why people would be transmitting 10, 20, 50! Watts in the WSPR domain. For me even 5 watts is stretching it. In this waterfall guess the 10W signal.

Hi, all.

I don't know a lot but I do know that, with the increased solar flux, I am HF DX-ing a lot more than on the 630m Band. Maybe when winter arrives I might take another foray into the MF region.

Since my previous post, my beloved Icom 756 Pro III died from a power surge. The failed circuit was beyond repair given my tools and experience with surface mount devices.

A long time friend had a Pro III for sale. I saw the ad by chance. I pounced on my friend's deal and now have a functioning Pro III :-)) plus one for parts :-(

Just started up my temporary WSPR station. Using a ZachTek WSPR Desktop Transmitter and Comet HFJ-350M tuned to 40m.

Teensy 3.2
GPS Receiver
SI5351
10 MHz Lowpass-Filter
20 mW -> G5RV

Teensy 3.2
GPS Receiver
SI5351
10 MHz Lowpass-Filter
5 mW -> G5RV

Grid is FN84et, but I'm actually about 3km east of the usual marker, on the east shore of Miller Lake.

Thanks for checking out my blog. I have tried WSPR a few times and have had success getting out. If you see me and want to send me a note, drop an email to my ARRL alias.

Thanks,

Brett W3SWL

Does anyone have an email address to JR2VYM or is able to contact him? JR2VYM is making hash collisions with OZ0RF. I would like to ask him if it is very important for him to transmit Type 3 messages.

Bo
www.rudius.net/oz2m :: www.rfzero.net

Zachtek mid set for 30 and 40m into 30m end fed long wire with ATU tuned for 40m (antenna 10 on https://www.qrz.com/db/G7GXK).
Zachtek high set for 10, 12 and 15m into 24MHz 1/4 wave vertical (antenna 11 on https://www.qrz.com/db/G7GXK).

Success at last. GPS Discipline was necessary to get decodes.

The other changes I made in the meantime: antenna and ground - appeared to help.
Pretty good results for a compromise antenna in horrible conditions.
I'll take it !

Antenna: Superantenna MP1 parts, mostly from a pre-2010 kit.

Concluded at 3:15 AM UTC 8/7/2022

I left this beacon running for quite a while, and it's just not making it.

I'm now making refinements to cabling, antenna, etc.
Perhaps most importantly, connecting to GPS receiver for time and frequency sync.

This time, I'll make a trial run on 20m CW and have some fun that way before
trying beacon mode again.

I'm thinking the three factors contributing to the failure to make a contact:

  • Transceiver alignment
  • Timing (manual instead of GPS disciplined)
  • Antenna

Pages